Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Now To Work

Yes, as you can see my world at the beach is filled with regular winter sights. Here is the most recent grey whale that washed ashore in late March. It's had a necropsy by biologists and then the carcass was buried but for a time drew quite a bit of attention - from people and seagulls.

No trash has yet to arrive from the Japan tsunami  but we expect a lot of people to come to pan for interesting bits and bobs.

We also have had several successful clamming weekends here on reasonable morning tides so this will probably be it for razor clams until Fall. The weather for the most part has just been ferociously stormy and rainy.

I'm now working on a group of encaustic pieces that reference my Burn series and my Rune series for a "Featured Artist" layout in June for Trails End Art Association and Gallery. Stay tuned and I'll post them as I get them finished and cropped in PhotoShop. And I'm entering 2 juried shows in Edmonds and Bothell this year with encaustics. Encaustics are now being shown more regularly in galleries so I'm hopeful that people will enjoy seeing them and will be disposed to buying them. I'm also doing 2 free demo's at Dots and Doodles in Astoria to give the community a chance to see how it's done and develop and attraction for the medium.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wanting to test if anyone is out there since maybe my Posting doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I found you just yesterday through a link in a Dots and Doodles newsletter. I was excited to see that you will be doing a demonstration there towards the end of April but the day seemed familiar. I realized that as rare as it is that I schedule things I already have something scheduled for that day. I'll have to double check in case I'm wrong about my date. anyway, interesting to find you, I gather you are up on the Long Beach Peninsula. I am about an hour drive from Astoria, inland Oregon. I am rather fascinated by encaustic, have never tried it and maybe never will because I already do so many art things in fiber and mixed media. I shall hope to see some of your work one day. I meet with some other creative women, 2 of whom live in Long beach also, so we meet up there on occasion. Anyway, really like your work and hope to see it in person one day, if not you yourself!

    ReplyDelete