Thursday, May 24, 2012

Working, working, working

I've been doing serious head down work getting a nice group of encaustics completed for my show at Trails End Gallery in Gearhart, Oregon where I'm the Featured Artist in June. So far I've got 18 pieces completed in a range from 12 X 12's on up to 18 X 24's. All hang together pretty nicely I think. I'm going to be finishing up 4 or 5 smaller ones in the next several days just so I'm sure I'll have enough work to go up. So all of you are welcome to come to the opening on Saturday June 2nd, from 3pm to 6pm when I'll be doing a demonstration as well as meeting and greeting people.

Also, after the show is up, I'll be putting the work on this blog for people to see. The shot of these great pines figures into one of the encaustics I completed. In every batch of paintings I do, there does seem to be one more realistic one and that is invariably the one that sells at shows down here. Not much interest in abstract work out here on the coast but that's the way the beeswax resin mixture takes me so I show it here at Trails End before shopping it to other city/mainstream galleries.

I really can't complain about the weather at all here this last week. It's just been raining buckets but the grass and shrubbery is a beautiful vibrant green in probably 25 or 30 shades - achingly lovely this time of year. Also, being that wet means that gardening chores are pretty much out of the question so without guilt I use that time well in my studio. Next week though there will be plants to plant, pots to get seeded and hung up, and feeders both hummingbird and yellow goldfinch to set out! Watch for some great pictures.

See you at the Trails End Gallery opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment