Thursday, August 2, 2012

Space to Work

Weather-wise, the Pacific Coast has been the opposite of what's been happening in the rest of the country. We've been bumping along with overcast grey and mist to light rain every day, with temperatures in the low 60's. I'm not complaining. Though this weather has certainly not been helpful to the heat loving vegetables that I have carefully provided for, everything else in the garden is very happy. I've got dahlia's in full bloom, so lovely.......

And having been in several shows over the summer and submitting to others, I completed my Featured Artist Show at Trails End in June and that was successful as was my attendance at the Oysterville Artisan Fair in early July - these events have kept me very busy but not too busy to take a little time out to tend to the flowers. I set about making some encaustics that felt more "beachy" than my usual work to see if I liked them so here are several.......








I'm collecting supplies for the class which will be a 2 day hands-on workshop and will be such fun. Next post I'll be showing some of the work I've finished this month and proposing new larger work.

By the way, I've got a high school class reunion coming up in September and have never gone to a reunion before. Do any of you have any advice for me? Do I go or not go? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment